Friday, October 06, 2006

Turkey Trot and Feed The Bug


Today we held our Food Drive at school. It's an annual event called "Feed The Bug". Originally the idea was to stuff a VW Bug with as many Food Bank donations that it could hold. This year however, we didn't fill a Bug, we filled 3 Hummers. Oh yeah, and I was asked to drive one.

One word: Awesome.

Although I enjoyed driving the Urban Tank, I do feel a little responsible about the mileage and its effect on the environment. I worry that my short jaunt between the school and the dealership may have indirectly led to the demise of a colony of Swift Foxes. Sorry fellas, but Daddy's gotta get one of these!




Turkey Trot was part of Fitness Friday. Kids dressed up like turkeys and ran laps around the school. Every student predicted how long it would take to finish; the one with the closest time would win a frozen turkey. Pretty funny!

No comments: