Sunday, February 11, 2007

Broke into the old apartment


Laurie took me to the Barenaked Ladies concert on Friday night. It was awesome! (We kind of figured that we'd likely never have the opportunity to see them live without shelling out HUGE bucks)

I've been a fan of BNL since Grade 8. (I still have Gordon on cassette), and I think it's finally rubbed off on Laurie. As soon as they hit the stage with "One Week", Laurie said: "I can't believe they're here!" I'll admit that I sang along with every song.

The highlight of the show had to be Ed, Tyler, and Steve making fun of someone near the stage who had made a poster and was waving it constantly throughout the show. It read: "If you have a million dollars, these two will take off their clothes.", and had two arrows pointing down to the left and right. About halfway through the show, Ed asked the lady why she was blocking the view of everyone behind her. Tyler then started reasoning what the poster was proposing: "So if we HAVE a million dollars, what does that mean? How can I get my banker on a Friday night? Trust me... we have a million dollars."

Then about an hour later, Ed came back to say "Alright, enough with the poster. I mentioned it in the show, we talked about it. What more do you want?" Laughing, "Just put it down already!" And when she finally did, "Ah, now all the people behind you can see." Hilarious.

We shot a short video of the concert, and we're just figuring out how to upload it to the blog. We were sitting pretty high in the Enmax centre, but it gave us a great view of the stage and the crowd. It includes the first two numbers, as well as an improvised Lethbridge diddy by Ed and Steve.

What a great Valentine's date!

-R

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your wife must be amazing!

Jon Coutts said...

sounds fun. nothing like a concert i say. one of life's best treats.